Saturday, May 27, 2006

the last rain
Tap Tap…I thought its just drizzling............. i mean rains in the month of April in Delhi......
Tap Tap Tap Tap Thud Thud Thud Thud Its RAINING!!!!.....

I rushed back to the hostel room n then rushed straight to the balcony to remove the clothes that I had left to dry that morning..... Rains in mid of April seemed to a kind of unsual phenomena in Delhi.... I stood leaning at the balcony door, staring silently at the rains..... the lamp post in the dark.... the wonderful scent of earth had filled my nostrils by now....i wanted to get drenched the way i usually do .... but decided not to; finally moved back to my bed.... enjoying the comfort and tranquility of my second home( my hostel room).... A thought kept mendering in my mind....

Minu: What is wrong with u?? Its raining outside.....
Me: Soooo

Minu: What to u mean by Sooo..... Its RAINING outside n u are inside....
Me: I dont want to get wet.......

Minu: ??????
Me: i have a presentation day in the company, day after tommorow n i havent finished it yet and moreover i dont wanna fell ill n screw it up.....

Minu: Please..... common...... i know u can work later on it..........
Me: Nahi yaar that not the only reason..... Ruchi gets upset when i dont listen to her in concern to my health..... she warned me last time that she wont allow me in the room.......

Minu: Uff!!!! i know u can always come up with a nice excuse to get wet..... n u know what this would probably be urs LAST RAIN in College.......
Me: I know...... I know......... wait there is a call......

Minu: ............ ............ .............. .........
Me: Nisha called....... she says most of the batch people are outside...... enjoying the first showers.......

Minu:dekha......
Me: Nuasheen gave a miss too.......

Minu: means........ she is there......... now what do u have to say.........
Me: I dont think i have time to answer u..... i m going out.... i wonder how long its gonna rain more.......

Its was not just raining..... seemed like a heavy downpour.....felt like a divine force ..... and tasted like elixir.... Rains are something which wash off all thoughts and norms of being an adult n draws me back in my childhood days.... me n nau werent talking much ( reason fight.....typical me n nau.... just like out typical fights.....) but then we couldn't resist talking just like we couldnt resist the getting wet in rains...... there we were in the basketful court drenched to the extremes we could....jumping in the tiny water pools and splashing water over each other and around.... playing a bit of basketball with my batch friends ...... i had folded my trousers above my ankles to avoid the mud but it was of no good....sitting on the court.......i was thinking of my future...... the time when i would miss all of this fun filled moments of my college life....the college years are surely one's wonder years....... i lay on my back ..... looking above n thanking God of all this......gradually the rains subsided......it was time to get back to the real world....a part of my heart wanted to stay there "forever"

Me:thanks yaar
Minu: u r always welcome.........

Me: i m gonna miss all this once i go back home......
Minu: like the way u r missing him right now.....

Me: him?????
Minu: yes himmm....

Me: uff!!!u know he doesnt exists!!!!!
Minu: u never know........

Me: watever.....

Nausheen asked "come back madam.....what were u thinking about???" n all i could reply was "kuch nahi yaar kushi me mare pagal ho gayi hoon........ apne aap se baat kar rahi hoon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home